Color is very dark brown with ½ finger of brown, soapy head. It thins to a nice film, and leaves some oily lacing on the glass. Big, bold aroma of dark malt, chocolate and coffee. With the taste, we get chocolate, coffee, chicory, and vanilla. Subtle oak and whiskey flavors from the barrel-aging. Mild sweetness, with some brown sugar and molasses. The 75 IBUs is surprising, as we get a good amount of hop flavors but there’s no obvious bitterness in this beer. Medium body, not thick or heavy, with a slick mouthfeel. Finish is so smooth, we would have never guessed 13.5% ABV. Barrel aged stouts are perfect this time of year and this one is quite nice.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Winter is Here. 41 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Dorado. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 805. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Galaxy Crush. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Christmas Show 2018. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity