Reuben's Brews Imperial Pumpkin
Color is a clear but non-transparent amber red. One finger of light tan colored frothy head with good retention. Aroma of pumpkin spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, and maybe clove? The taste begins with some candied yam or sweet potato flavors, along with a nuttiness like a brown ale. And it's hoppier than most pumpkin ales. Earthy and piney hops, coupled with roasted pumpkin flavors. The pumpkin flavor is more pumpkin seed and pumpkin spice rather than pumpkin fruit. The malts provide flavors of rye bread, black licorice, and molasses. Medium body, medium carbonation, and a slick mouthfeel. Mildly boozy with a sweetness like rum or cognac. Rich and complex but not too pumpkiny - this is a nice choice as we get deeper into pumpkin season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Breck IPA. 37 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Meowsa!. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for No Chill. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer White Ale. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Lupulin River. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Whirlpool. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity