Reuben's Brews Imperial Pumpkin
Color is a clear but non-transparent amber red. One finger of light tan colored frothy head with good retention. Aroma of pumpkin spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, and maybe clove? The taste begins with some candied yam or sweet potato flavors, along with a nuttiness like a brown ale. And it’s hoppier than most pumpkin ales. Earthy and piney hops, coupled with roasted pumpkin flavors. The pumpkin flavor is more pumpkin seed and pumpkin spice rather than pumpkin fruit. The malts provide flavors of rye bread, black licorice, and molasses. Medium body, medium carbonation, and a slick mouthfeel. Mildly boozy with a sweetness like rum or cognac. Rich and complex but not too pumpkiny – this is a nice choice as we get deeper into pumpkin season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 11 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for The Orange Curtain. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 and 1 other listened to Stone, Cold. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Round Midnight Belgian White. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil