Reuben's Brews Imperial Pumpkin
Color is a clear but non-transparent amber red. One finger of light tan colored frothy head with good retention. Aroma of pumpkin spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, and maybe clove? The taste begins with some candied yam or sweet potato flavors, along with a nuttiness like a brown ale. And it’s hoppier than most pumpkin ales. Earthy and piney hops, coupled with roasted pumpkin flavors. The pumpkin flavor is more pumpkin seed and pumpkin spice rather than pumpkin fruit. The malts provide flavors of rye bread, black licorice, and molasses. Medium body, medium carbonation, and a slick mouthfeel. Mildly boozy with a sweetness like rum or cognac. Rich and complex but not too pumpkiny – this is a nice choice as we get deeper into pumpkin season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Experimental J-Hole. 27 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Fairy Nectar London. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Flora. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Art Car IPA. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Rogue Creamery 80th Anniversary Ale. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Bourbon Council. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity