This used to be called Regulators Hazy IPA, but is now simply Regulators IPA, which makes more sense as it it pours a deep gold color, but it's just barely hazy. Head is thick, frothy, and pretty long lasting. Aroma is funky; just based on the smell you might think this is a Brett IPA. Both the aroma and the taste have a saison or farmhouse ale impression that caught us off guard, but it works. Crisp and refreshing mouthfeel. Bready and doughy malt complemented by hops that have tropical fruit, citrus, and green apple. But really the yeast and tart funkiness are what stand out, especially for an IPA. And there's a bit of sweetness from the lactose sugar to smooth things out. Finish is dry, slight tart, slightly bitter, and it lingers for a while, allowing you plenty of time to ponder the uniqueness of this beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Great Lei Pineapple Colada IPA. 36 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouterday Night Live. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Playification. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity