This used to be called Regulators Hazy IPA, but is now simply Regulators IPA, which makes more sense as it it pours a deep gold color, but it’s just barely hazy. Head is thick, frothy, and pretty long lasting. Aroma is funky; just based on the smell you might think this is a Brett IPA. Both the aroma and the taste have a saison or farmhouse ale impression that caught us off guard, but it works. Crisp and refreshing mouthfeel. Bready and doughy malt complemented by hops that have tropical fruit, citrus, and green apple. But really the yeast and tart funkiness are what stand out, especially for an IPA. And there’s a bit of sweetness from the lactose sugar to smooth things out. Finish is dry, slight tart, slightly bitter, and it lingers for a while, allowing you plenty of time to ponder the uniqueness of this beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Funky Pumpkin. 47 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Seizoen. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Fairy Nectar London. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Moxee-Moron. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Seer. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Big Blue Van. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap