This used to be called Regulators Hazy IPA, but is now simply Regulators IPA, which makes more sense as it it pours a deep gold color, but it's just barely hazy. Head is thick, frothy, and pretty long lasting. Aroma is funky; just based on the smell you might think this is a Brett IPA. Both the aroma and the taste have a saison or farmhouse ale impression that caught us off guard, but it works. Crisp and refreshing mouthfeel. Bready and doughy malt complemented by hops that have tropical fruit, citrus, and green apple. But really the yeast and tart funkiness are what stand out, especially for an IPA. And there's a bit of sweetness from the lactose sugar to smooth things out. Finish is dry, slight tart, slightly bitter, and it lingers for a while, allowing you plenty of time to ponder the uniqueness of this beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Raspberry AF. 19 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to San Diego Part 1. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Critical Band. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Local's Stash: BBA Lawyers, Guns & Money. 6 hours ago
- bcsbernie commented on beer 50 FT Jackrabbit. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity