This used to be called Regulators Hazy IPA, but is now simply Regulators IPA, which makes more sense as it it pours a deep gold color, but it's just barely hazy. Head is thick, frothy, and pretty long lasting. Aroma is funky; just based on the smell you might think this is a Brett IPA. Both the aroma and the taste have a saison or farmhouse ale impression that caught us off guard, but it works. Crisp and refreshing mouthfeel. Bready and doughy malt complemented by hops that have tropical fruit, citrus, and green apple. But really the yeast and tart funkiness are what stand out, especially for an IPA. And there's a bit of sweetness from the lactose sugar to smooth things out. Finish is dry, slight tart, slightly bitter, and it lingers for a while, allowing you plenty of time to ponder the uniqueness of this beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 and 1 other added a rating for Panther. 42 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Pyramid Hefeweizen. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Three Philosophers (2015). 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for LagerHosen. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller and 1 other listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for El Jeffe American Wheat. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity