Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012)
Light brown or chestnut in color, very murky. Head is tan colored, thick, frothy, and never goes away. Aroma is a bit boozy yet very inviting. Malt, oak, and cherry on the nose. The taste is incredible. Malt forward and rich with a ton of complex flavors. Dark fruits like cherry, fig, dates, prunes, and raisins. Earthy hops and some vanilla and nut. Tastes barrel aged, with oak and wood, even some rum. Slightly sweet, like brown sugar or molasses. Mouthfeel is velvety, low carbonation, syrupy, and full bodied. Finish leaves a smooth and creamy flavor, but full of alcohol with a nice warming feeling. We brought this back from the brewery a couple years ago and glad we finally opened it because 7 years in the bottle worked beautifully!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Atticus IPA. 48 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to It's a Trappist!. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Cerasus Magnifera. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Root Bound. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Partying Past Burning Bridges. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Indian Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity