Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012)
Light brown or chestnut in color, very murky. Head is tan colored, thick, frothy, and never goes away. Aroma is a bit boozy yet very inviting. Malt, oak, and cherry on the nose. The taste is incredible. Malt forward and rich with a ton of complex flavors. Dark fruits like cherry, fig, dates, prunes, and raisins. Earthy hops and some vanilla and nut. Tastes barrel aged, with oak and wood, even some rum. Slightly sweet, like brown sugar or molasses. Mouthfeel is velvety, low carbonation, syrupy, and full bodied. Finish leaves a smooth and creamy flavor, but full of alcohol with a nice warming feeling. We brought this back from the brewery a couple years ago and glad we finally opened it because 7 years in the bottle worked beautifully!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Deal with the Devil. 2 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for ChocoLatte. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Shploing!!. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other added a rating for Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity