Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012)
Light brown or chestnut in color, very murky. Head is tan colored, thick, frothy, and never goes away. Aroma is a bit boozy yet very inviting. Malt, oak, and cherry on the nose. The taste is incredible. Malt forward and rich with a ton of complex flavors. Dark fruits like cherry, fig, dates, prunes, and raisins. Earthy hops and some vanilla and nut. Tastes barrel aged, with oak and wood, even some rum. Slightly sweet, like brown sugar or molasses. Mouthfeel is velvety, low carbonation, syrupy, and full bodied. Finish leaves a smooth and creamy flavor, but full of alcohol with a nice warming feeling. We brought this back from the brewery a couple years ago and glad we finally opened it because 7 years in the bottle worked beautifully!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for HOPSMACK!. 19 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Otra Vez. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Brown Ale. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Feminist. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity