Puesta del Sol
Dark amber color with plenty of red around the edges. Head is small, khaki colored, but sticks around with nice lacing. Roasted malts in the aroma. The taste is malt-forward with a combination of dark bread, nuts, and candied fruit. At first we get a taste like rye or pumpernickel bread, then it shifts to a sweetness like Pan de Sal or sweet bread. The back-end has a dry and slightly bitter finish. Medium to full bodied with a clean, smooth mouthfeel like you expect from a lager. We don’t drink a lot of lagers at BOTD, but this is a good one.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Lines Double IPA. 58 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Point Conception IPA. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Chief of Chiefs. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for 1000 IBU. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for GUBNA Imperial IPA. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Bourbon Barrel Aged Time Traveller (2017). 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Nitro Merlin Milk Stout. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity