Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer
Color is a very dark brown with one finger of khaki colored head that fades quickly but leaves some nice lacing. Earthy aroma with dark malt, bourbon, oak, and maybe a hint of cinnamon. Taste is malt forward with robust flavors of dark bread, chocolate, vanilla, and oak. There’s an ideal amount of sweetness like molasses or maple syrup. But what stands out is the bitterness. English hops create a bitter but flavorful bit, definitely above average intensity for this style. Yet it’s still very well balanced. Medium to full bodied but not heavy. Mouthfeel is creamy and warming and the 11% is shocking. Finishes smooth with a lingering sweetness. A fantastic winter warmer - Prost Y’all!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 46 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to It's a Trappist!. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Devil's Invention. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Olympia Beer. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to From the Archives Part 1. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Levadura. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil