Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer
Color is a very dark brown with one finger of khaki colored head that fades quickly but leaves some nice lacing. Earthy aroma with dark malt, bourbon, oak, and maybe a hint of cinnamon. Taste is malt forward with robust flavors of dark bread, chocolate, vanilla, and oak. There's an ideal amount of sweetness like molasses or maple syrup. But what stands out is the bitterness. English hops create a bitter but flavorful bit, definitely above average intensity for this style. Yet it's still very well balanced. Medium to full bodied but not heavy. Mouthfeel is creamy and warming and the 11% is shocking. Finishes smooth with a lingering sweetness. A fantastic winter warmer - Prost Y'all!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for RuinTen Triple IPA (2016). 32 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Booming Rollers. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Viejo Rojo. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity