Ponto S.I.P.A. (Sessionable India Pale Ale)
Ponto Session IPA pours a slightly hazy straw color with some tiny carbonation bubbles. Those bubbles support a frothy white head that is long lasting for a beer that you can drink pretty quickly. Aroma of fresh citrus draws you into the initial taste of bready, doughy malts along with yeast. But immediately it turns hoppy with lemon and grapefruit citrus, along with floral and grassy flavors. Light body with an astringent mouthfeel and plenty of flavor for a beer at 4.5%. Classic West Coast bitterness in the finish, but it's not off-putting for the non-hop heads (like we know any!). While a lot of Session IPAs seem to lack flavor or depth, this stands out as one of the best in its category.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Ginormous Imperial IPA. 16 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Back to the Brews. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Bourbon Barrel Aged Coconut Stout. 2 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 and 1 other added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2020). 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Morning Star. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to San Diego Part 1. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 and 1 other added a rating for Sudwerk Fest Harvest Lager. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity