Ponto S.I.P.A. (Sessionable India Pale Ale)
Ponto Session IPA pours a slightly hazy straw color with some tiny carbonation bubbles. Those bubbles support a frothy white head that is long lasting for a beer that you can drink pretty quickly. Aroma of fresh citrus draws you into the initial taste of bready, doughy malts along with yeast. But immediately it turns hoppy with lemon and grapefruit citrus, along with floral and grassy flavors. Light body with an astringent mouthfeel and plenty of flavor for a beer at 4.5%. Classic West Coast bitterness in the finish, but it's not off-putting for the non-hop heads (like we know any!). While a lot of Session IPAs seem to lack flavor or depth, this stands out as one of the best in its category.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Über Affengeil. 30 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Santilli. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Double Scatterbrain DDH w/Citra. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Double Dose IPA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Today's Class: Beer 101. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for King Sue. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Founders. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Bronx Brewery Rye Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity