Ponto S.I.P.A. (Sessionable India Pale Ale)
Ponto Session IPA pours a slightly hazy straw color with some tiny carbonation bubbles. Those bubbles support a frothy white head that is long lasting for a beer that you can drink pretty quickly. Aroma of fresh citrus draws you into the initial taste of bready, doughy malts along with yeast. But immediately it turns hoppy with lemon and grapefruit citrus, along with floral and grassy flavors. Light body with an astringent mouthfeel and plenty of flavor for a beer at 4.5%. Classic West Coast bitterness in the finish, but it's not off-putting for the non-hop heads (like we know any!). While a lot of Session IPAs seem to lack flavor or depth, this stands out as one of the best in its category.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 2 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity