Pocket Watch pours a beautiful, purplish red color with a pink, fizzy head that's about a finger thick and leaves some lacing on the glass. Aroma is pleasantly tart and smells a bit like the inside of a used wine barrel. Taste is fruit forward and reminds us a lot of red wine or sangria. This beer is made with concord grapes, black currants, and red plums - all of which come through in the taste. The sourness is much more reserved than we expected. Definitely tart, but not really sour. Lots and lots of fruit, which does a great job of hiding the 8% alcohol. There's a mild sweetness on the back end with a smooth vanilla flavor. Unique and interesting - a fantastic fruit beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 3 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Frelser Trippelbock Holy Ale. 26 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Geuze Mariage Parfait 2013. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Anchor Porter. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sunday IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity