Pocket Watch pours a beautiful, purplish red color with a pink, fizzy head that's about a finger thick and leaves some lacing on the glass. Aroma is pleasantly tart and smells a bit like the inside of a used wine barrel. Taste is fruit forward and reminds us a lot of red wine or sangria. This beer is made with concord grapes, black currants, and red plums - all of which come through in the taste. The sourness is much more reserved than we expected. Definitely tart, but not really sour. Lots and lots of fruit, which does a great job of hiding the 8% alcohol. There's a mild sweetness on the back end with a smooth vanilla flavor. Unique and interesting - a fantastic fruit beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 8 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 56 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity