Pocket Watch pours a beautiful, purplish red color with a pink, fizzy head that’s about ½ finger thick and leaves some lacing on the glass. Aroma is pleasantly tart and smells a bit like the inside of a used wine barrel. Taste is fruit forward and reminds us a lot of red wine or sangria. This beer is made with concord grapes, black currants, and red plums – all of which come through in the taste. The sourness is much more reserved than we expected. Definitely tart, but not really sour. Lots and lots of fruit, which does a great job of hiding the 8% alcohol. There’s a mild sweetness on the back end with a smooth vanilla flavor. Unique and interesting – a fantastic fruit beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 55 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Fairy Nectar London. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Flora. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Art Car IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Rogue Creamery 80th Anniversary Ale. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Bourbon Council. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity