Pliny for President
Pliny for President is the limited release, Double Dry Hopped version of Pliny the Elder. It pours a fairly clear, deep gold color. A large finger of white, soapy head. Really nice hoppy aroma of pine along with a touch of citrus. On the taste, we get those same flavors, both pine and citrus, and a lesser amount of tropical fruit. Very West Coast style, with a dry, pleasant bitterness. Smooth, clean, medium body, and overall taste is very enjoyable. In comparison to Pliny the Elder, both are 8% ABV and are very similar in appearance. President seems to have a bit more freshness in the aroma, and just a bit extra when it comes to the hop flavors. It seems slightly dryer, and even smoother too. We attribute some of this to the fact that it comes in a can rather than a bottle, which we tend to prefer these days. On our podcast, we were split 50/50 in voting for Elder vs. President. Overall, Elder might be the better, more classic beer, but President seemed to be fitting for right now. You can’t go wrong with either beer, and we are fortunate to have both during an election year. Cheers!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 1 minute ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Crush Cucumber Sour. 33 minutes ago
- lposada listened to Stouting Match. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Feral Vinifera. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for MoonJuice IPA. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for S'Mores. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Blak Bavarian Style Black Lager. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity