Piercing Pils is a little more of a vibrant golden color than a traditional pils and at 6.0% it's a bit higher in alcohol as well, standard M.O. for Dogfish Head. The aroma consists of bready malts mixed with a sweet pear aroma. The taste is similar to the smell with some corn flavors of a more traditional Czech pils paired with some very sweet over-ripe apple. The sweetness gives the body more depth and a thicker mouthfeel but takes away some of the refreshing crispness of the standard pils. The fruit element is that "something extra" that Dogfish Head never fails to provide.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's a Trappist!. 3 minutes ago
- lauralane and 1 other added a rating for Prince of Dankness. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for No Resolutions. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Seizoen. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to San Diego Part 2. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for EZPZ Dry Hopped Pilsner. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for On Fleek. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity