Piercing Pils is a little more of a vibrant golden color than a traditional pils and at 6.0% it's a bit higher in alcohol as well, standard M.O. for Dogfish Head. The aroma consists of bready malts mixed with a sweet pear aroma. The taste is similar to the smell with some corn flavors of a more traditional Czech pils paired with some very sweet over-ripe apple. The sweetness gives the body more depth and a thicker mouthfeel but takes away some of the refreshing crispness of the standard pils. The fruit element is that "something extra" that Dogfish Head never fails to provide.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 2 minutes ago
- spaceman23 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 38 minutes ago
- Vette432 and 1 other listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Invent the Universe. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Allagash White. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Whirlpool. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Low and Slow. 5 hours ago
- beavwarius added a rating for Oak Aged Saison. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity