Piercing Pils is a little more of a vibrant golden color than a traditional pils and at 6.0% it's a bit higher in alcohol as well, standard M.O. for Dogfish Head. The aroma consists of bready malts mixed with a sweet pear aroma. The taste is similar to the smell with some corn flavors of a more traditional Czech pils paired with some very sweet over-ripe apple. The sweetness gives the body more depth and a thicker mouthfeel but takes away some of the refreshing crispness of the standard pils. The fruit element is that "something extra" that Dogfish Head never fails to provide.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Collaboration No. 6 Barrel Aged Blend. 40 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for El Sully. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 8. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Lupulin River. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Ace Of Spades. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Squeezebox. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity