Color is dark brown, nearly black with a finger of brown, frothy head. Strong aroma of coffee, chocolate, and dark malts. Taste is superb, with dark, bitter coffee flavors, along with dark chocolate and molasses. Roasted malts are robust and intense. But it's not sweet at all, which we like. However, there is a smoky, charred flavor that takes over after the first couple sips, which would make for a great campfire beer. Mouthfeel is smooth and warming, with the 9.5% pretty tamed. Finishes with even more flavors of black coffee and dark chocolate. Incredible taste and smoothness with this Imperial Stout!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 25 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to Portlandia. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to LA LA Land. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity