With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 46 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Rock the Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Gigantic IPA. 7 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity