With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 28 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Crush Cucumber Sour. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Stouting Match. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Feral Vinifera. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for MoonJuice IPA. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for S'Mores. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Blak Bavarian Style Black Lager. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity