With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis and 1 other added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 13 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sharkinator White IPA. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity