With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Sunspot Gold. 18 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Future Perfect. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- IPAman listened to The Gold Standard. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Exploring the Vault. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Springboard Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity