With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Salmon-Fly commented on beer Night Swim Porter. 5 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Stouterday Night Live. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for FV 13. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Stone Thunderstruck IPA (19th Anniversary). 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Boo Koo IPA. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Exemption (Peach Brandy Barrel). 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for BORIS The Crusher Reserve. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity