With Pachamama Porter, Evin Twin in collaboration with Two Roads Brewing brings us an experimental porter with a lot of non-standard ingredients including sweet potatoes, purple maize, and ajipanca chili peppers. It pours a dark brown, coca-cola color with some red highlights and a fairly thick, foamy tan head. The aroma is very reserved with only a slight bit of roasted malt smell with a touch of molasses. Despite the unusual ingredients, the flavor is typical of the style with dark roasted malts, coffee, and an earthy hop quality. The mouthfeel is dry with a chalky or powdery texture. The chili peppers are barely perceptible in the aftertaste after the 4th or 5th sip, and even then is reserved; a plus if you are not a fan of the heat.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Saint Archer Mosaic IPA. 1 minute ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Moral Panic. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Hop Rod Rye. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for The 105 IPA. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for The Corruption IPA. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to On the Boulevard. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Grisette Blend #4. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Kabru West Coast IPA