Appearance is dark brown, nearly black in color with a thin, brown, wispy head. Strong aroma dominated by the cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Taste is malt forward as you would expect for this style, with milk chocolate and roasted coffee flavors. Then some flavors of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Light, earthy hoppiness with an accumulating molasses-like sweetness. The cinnamon spice provides a nice uniqueness in the flavor. It's front and center, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Mouthfeel is slick, velvety, and warming. The 13% is manageable, but this is still a big, bold, Russian Imperial Stout. Enjoyable now, but certainly worth aging for a couple years as well!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Kirin Ichiban. 3 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Size 7 IPA. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Stouterday Night Live. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Kushetka Imperial Stout. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Santa's Little Helper with Coffee & Cacao (2018). 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Espress-O-Boros. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Black Phoenix. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Vanilla Sky. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity