Appearance is dark brown, nearly black in color with a thin, brown, wispy head. Strong aroma dominated by the cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Taste is malt forward as you would expect for this style, with milk chocolate and roasted coffee flavors. Then some flavors of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Light, earthy hoppiness with an accumulating molasses-like sweetness. The cinnamon spice provides a nice uniqueness in the flavor. It’s front and center, but it doesn’t overpower the other flavors. Mouthfeel is slick, velvety, and warming. The 13% is manageable, but this is still a big, bold, Russian Imperial Stout. Enjoyable now, but certainly worth aging for a couple years as well!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Jacaranda. 45 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Fresh Haze IPA. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for 1000 IBU. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amstel Light. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Newcastle. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other added a rating for Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Full Sail LTD Series 01. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity