Appearance is dark brown, nearly black in color with a thin, brown, wispy head. Strong aroma dominated by the cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Taste is malt forward as you would expect for this style, with milk chocolate and roasted coffee flavors. Then some flavors of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Light, earthy hoppiness with an accumulating molasses-like sweetness. The cinnamon spice provides a nice uniqueness in the flavor. It's front and center, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Mouthfeel is slick, velvety, and warming. The 13% is manageable, but this is still a big, bold, Russian Imperial Stout. Enjoyable now, but certainly worth aging for a couple years as well!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Infinite Wishes 2017. 4 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 41 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Mongo Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Rosebud Special Ale. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Summertime Brews. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Winter is Here. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity