Appearance is dark brown, nearly black in color with a thin, brown, wispy head. Strong aroma dominated by the cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Taste is malt forward as you would expect for this style, with milk chocolate and roasted coffee flavors. Then some flavors of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Light, earthy hoppiness with an accumulating molasses-like sweetness. The cinnamon spice provides a nice uniqueness in the flavor. It's front and center, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Mouthfeel is slick, velvety, and warming. The 13% is manageable, but this is still a big, bold, Russian Imperial Stout. Enjoyable now, but certainly worth aging for a couple years as well!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 13 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lolita (2015). 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Le Jus. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Choklat. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Zaftig Wee Heavy. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lifted Embargo IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity