Appearance is dark brown, nearly black in color with a thin, brown, wispy head. Strong aroma dominated by the cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Taste is malt forward as you would expect for this style, with milk chocolate and roasted coffee flavors. Then some flavors of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Light, earthy hoppiness with an accumulating molasses-like sweetness. The cinnamon spice provides a nice uniqueness in the flavor. It’s front and center, but it doesn’t overpower the other flavors. Mouthfeel is slick, velvety, and warming. The 13% is manageable, but this is still a big, bold, Russian Imperial Stout. Enjoyable now, but certainly worth aging for a couple years as well!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Left Eye, Right Eye DIPA. 13 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Layla Blackberry Sour. 51 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Long Table. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Back to Wort!. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for La Fin Du Monde. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Pumpkin Spice Latte (Nitro). 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Three Monkeys American Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
St. Paddy's Day Show
Kabru West Coast IPA