Appearance is dark brown, nearly black in color with a thin, brown, wispy head. Strong aroma dominated by the cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Taste is malt forward as you would expect for this style, with milk chocolate and roasted coffee flavors. Then some flavors of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Light, earthy hoppiness with an accumulating molasses-like sweetness. The cinnamon spice provides a nice uniqueness in the flavor. It's front and center, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Mouthfeel is slick, velvety, and warming. The 13% is manageable, but this is still a big, bold, Russian Imperial Stout. Enjoyable now, but certainly worth aging for a couple years as well!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Boone County Brown. 3 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Hoppiness Is A Warm Pun. 48 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Seizoen. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Field to Ferment - Centennial & Simcoe (2019). 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Grand Hill IPA. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for New Glory Farmhouse. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 004. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Weedwacker. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity