Appearance is dark brown, nearly black in color with a thin, brown, wispy head. Strong aroma dominated by the cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Taste is malt forward as you would expect for this style, with milk chocolate and roasted coffee flavors. Then some flavors of bourbon, oak, and vanilla. Light, earthy hoppiness with an accumulating molasses-like sweetness. The cinnamon spice provides a nice uniqueness in the flavor. It's front and center, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Mouthfeel is slick, velvety, and warming. The 13% is manageable, but this is still a big, bold, Russian Imperial Stout. Enjoyable now, but certainly worth aging for a couple years as well!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 21 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 45 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dos Equis Amber. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 7 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for The Fix (2018). 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity