Appearance is hazy, golden orange with two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Fantastic aroma of tropical fruit and melon. Taste follows the nose, with plenty of ripe fruit flavors like cantaloupe, mango, papaya, and peach, as well as some resinous pine. Soft, doughy malts that are mostly in the background. But there is an interesting flavor which is kind of sweet and smoky, unique for this style. Might be the Southern Passion hops used in this beer, which isn't something we've had before. Medium to full bodied with a slight syrupy texture and a juicy, sticky mouthfeel. There's a mild bitterness that shows up after a few sips, predominantly in the finish. Another solid DIPA from Anchorage Brewing Co.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Schlafly Oatmeal Stout. 20 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Monterey Beer. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Operation IPA Overload. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Clencher 2 Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- budman1 and 1 other listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity