Appearance is hazy, golden orange with two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Fantastic aroma of tropical fruit and melon. Taste follows the nose, with plenty of ripe fruit flavors like cantaloupe, mango, papaya, and peach, as well as some resinous pine. Soft, doughy malts that are mostly in the background. But there is an interesting flavor which is kind of sweet and smoky, unique for this style. Might be the Southern Passion hops used in this beer, which isn’t something we’ve had before. Medium to full bodied with a slight syrupy texture and a juicy, sticky mouthfeel. There’s a mild bitterness that shows up after a few sips, predominantly in the finish. Another solid DIPA from Anchorage Brewing Co.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to Deja Stout. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hoss. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Yuengling Lager. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for De Garre Belgian Ale. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Scary Jesus Rock Star. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Downtown Brown. 7 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Sabre-Toothed Squirrel. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity