Or Xata was our most recent "Strange Brew" because it's different from almost every beer we've ever tried. On the pour, it's a cloudy, yellow orange color with a thin white head consisting of tons of tiny bubbles. It smells like cinnamon milk, basically horchata with alcohol. Creamy mouthfeel with just a bit of hops and malt. If not for the high carbonation, we'd wonder if this was even a beer at all. But it's extremely enjoyable, with cinnamon, rice, and dairy flavors much like the actual horchata. With perfect timing, this makes us think of a dessert beer, and one we'd love to bring to a holiday party to share with friends and family.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 32 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to Beaver State Brews. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ commented on beer General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- SuzyQ added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Finial Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity