Oatmeal Stout with Mulish Coffee
A collaboration between Jackrabbit Brewery and Temple Coffee Roasters, the oatmeal stout with Mulish coffee pours a mahagony brown with an off white head. Aroma is very subtle, smelling like light oats and light malts. The taste is not subtle. Its backbone is undoubtedly roasted malts, and it's obviously an oatmeal stout. The oatmeal comes through clearly with a hint of cocoa nib, then dark roasted malts melt away to a subtle and delicious roasty coffee that doesn't overpower. The flavors are simple, yet beautifully balanced. Adding to the enjoyment is it's not heavy but more medium bodied with subdued carbonation that you don't notice being too high for too low. This is one of the best coffee stouts we've ever had.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Crush Cucumber Sour. 16 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to IPAs East and West. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Solis Occasus. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for The Red Glove. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Only Echoes Respond. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Portlandia. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity