Oatmeal Stout with Mulish Coffee
A collaboration between Jackrabbit Brewery and Temple Coffee Roasters, the oatmeal stout with Mulish coffee pours a mahagony brown with an off white head. Aroma is very subtle, smelling like light oats and light malts. The taste is not subtle. Its backbone is undoubtedly roasted malts, and it's obviously an oatmeal stout. The oatmeal comes through clearly with a hint of cocoa nib, then dark roasted malts melt away to a subtle and delicious roasty coffee that doesn't overpower. The flavors are simple, yet beautifully balanced. Adding to the enjoyment is it's not heavy but more medium bodied with subdued carbonation that you don't notice being too high for too low. This is one of the best coffee stouts we've ever had.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Tropic Haze IPA. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to IPAs East and West. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for 300. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Citra High. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Swami's IPA. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Hazy Shade of Winter. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hoss. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity