Oaktown Brown Ale
Oaktown pours a deep mahogany with a khaki head. Lacing sticks the the glass pretty well, and visible sediment collects at the bottom. Fine bubbles all over but you have to look for them carefully. The aroma is dominated by oak, leather, and a little brewed coffee. First couple sips are surprisingly acidic. Taste evolves into mocha, coffee, toasted malts, and a nice rounded woodiness. There's also a fair amount of bitterness on the finish, and it ends dry. Mouthfeel is medium, carbonation is bitey.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 15 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pale to the King. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Lupujus 7. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Double Actuator. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity