Oaktown Brown Ale
Oaktown pours a deep mahogany with a khaki head. Lacing sticks the the glass pretty well, and visible sediment collects at the bottom. Fine bubbles all over but you have to look for them carefully. The aroma is dominated by oak, leather, and a little brewed coffee. First couple sips are surprisingly acidic. Taste evolves into mocha, coffee, toasted malts, and a nice rounded woodiness. There's also a fair amount of bitterness on the finish, and it ends dry. Mouthfeel is medium, carbonation is bitey.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 33 minutes ago
- AnnaB listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Clencher Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Sweet Sunny South. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity