Oaktown Brown Ale
Oaktown pours a deep mahogany with a khaki head. Lacing sticks the the glass pretty well, and visible sediment collects at the bottom. Fine bubbles all over but you have to look for them carefully. The aroma is dominated by oak, leather, and a little brewed coffee. First couple sips are surprisingly acidic. Taste evolves into mocha, coffee, toasted malts, and a nice rounded woodiness. There's also a fair amount of bitterness on the finish, and it ends dry. Mouthfeel is medium, carbonation is bitey.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Super Beta. 25 minutes ago
- lposada listened to San Diego Part 1. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Filbert. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Funky Pumpkin. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dirty Bastard Ale. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Buddy Black Rye IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity