Oaked Category 5 IPA
Oaked Category 5 pours a pale amber color that is not entirely clear, but becomes more transparent as the sediment settles down. The head is two fingers, off-white, and foamy. Pleasant aroma of citrus and pine. Taste has the same citrus and piney hops that we got in the aroma. Bready malts with a caramel sweetness balance things out, and the oak adds an interesting woody and earthy tone. Light bodied with a thin mouthfeel. There's an accumulating bitterness that we didn't detect at first, but comes on pretty strong in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Redemption. 5 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Sanctification. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Le Jus. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to L.A. Beers. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity