Oaked Category 5 IPA
Oaked Category 5 pours a pale amber color that is not entirely clear, but becomes more transparent as the sediment settles down. The head is two fingers, off-white, and foamy. Pleasant aroma of citrus and pine. Taste has the same citrus and piney hops that we got in the aroma. Bready malts with a caramel sweetness balance things out, and the oak adds an interesting woody and earthy tone. Light bodied with a thin mouthfeel. There’s an accumulating bitterness that we didn’t detect at first, but comes on pretty strong in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Every Day, Once a Day, Give Yourself an IPA. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Crosby Hop Farm Sterling Wet Hop Pilsner. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Machine House Golden Ale. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Alaskan Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for San Diego Pale Ale .394. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Double Nut Brown Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity