Oaked Category 5 IPA
Oaked Category 5 pours a pale amber color that is not entirely clear, but becomes more transparent as the sediment settles down. The head is two fingers, off-white, and foamy. Pleasant aroma of citrus and pine. Taste has the same citrus and piney hops that we got in the aroma. Bready malts with a caramel sweetness balance things out, and the oak adds an interesting woody and earthy tone. Light bodied with a thin mouthfeel. There's an accumulating bitterness that we didn't detect at first, but comes on pretty strong in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Whimsy. 24 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Miscellanea Vol. 2. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Log Yard IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Worth the Squeeze IPA. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Triple Berry Shake. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jersey Long Hots. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity