New Glarus Enigma
Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending “champagne-like” tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There’s woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you’d expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 15 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Blackened Voodoo Lager. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 listened to LA LA Land. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to California Grab Bag II. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Keep the Noise Low. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Far Out IPA. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Top Cutter IPA. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Orange County. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity