New Glarus Enigma
Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to Oktoberfest 2019. 3 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 58 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to Portlandia. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity