New Glarus Enigma
Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout. 1 minute ago
- AnnaB listened to Some Pumpkins. 53 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to 100th Episode!. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for GUBNA Imperial IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity