New Glarus Enigma
Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending “champagne-like” tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There’s woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you’d expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep listened to Sactown Brews. 26 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to LA LA Land. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: HiFi + LoFi Mixtape. 3 hours ago
- SweeneyWorldWide commented on beer MadeWest Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Goosed. 5 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for podcast Pumpkin Show 2018. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other added a rating for The Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity