New Glarus Enigma
Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending “champagne-like” tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There’s woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you’d expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Dark Doppelbock. 7 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Comatose Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Brett Lager. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Sactown Brews. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Rogue Farms Honey Kolsch. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 and 1 other added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Dynamo Donut Imperial Stout. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity