New Glarus Enigma
Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lucille IPA. 3 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hellboy - Maple Syrup Pancakes Beer. 54 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep listened to LA LA Land. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Chuck-Amok. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to San Diego Part 2. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Le Merle. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Goodland Orange Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity