New Glarus Enigma
Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- dheliker and 1 other uploaded a photo for beer Petty. 4 minutes ago
- dheliker added a rating for Petty. 7 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Umbrella Single-Hop IPA. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Blam! Blam!. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Seizoen. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Crusher. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pumps Bumps -N- Rollers. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to San Diego Part 2. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity