New Glarus Enigma
Enigma Sour Brown Ale pours dark cherry red, almost mahogany in color. Head is sizeable, off-white, and frothy. There are some ascending "champagne-like" tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite sour and the smell of cherries and oak barrels really stand out. The taste is big and bold for 5.5% ABV, with initial flavors of cherry, blackberry, and boysenberry. There's woodiness from the barrel and a mild sourness, but much less than you'd expect from the aroma. Sweet malt and molasses round out the complex flavors that remind us of tart cherry pie. Lightly carbonated with a smooth, slightly syrupy mouthfeel. The nice mix of sweet and sour is enjoyable now and would likely age quite well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 listened to Sour Power Hour. 22 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Golden Trout. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Plum Riot. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Beard Tax. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to October Spectacular!. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity