Muis (with Galaxy Hops)
We aged the Galaxy-hopped Muis for over a year (bottled on 5/16/16) before popping it open this week. It's very hazy and opaque, pouring a soft, golden yellow color. The head is very white, bubbly, and frothy. Some visible yeast appears at the bottom of the glass, but even it is obscured by the cloudiness of this beer. Aroma of Brettanomyces and fruit, but mostly Brett. Taste is phenomenal, first with the Belgian yeast flavors that you expect from this style. But also some barnyard funk that is the central flavor, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Some banana, guava, and citrus fruit flavors, with a grain bill that tastes of wheat or oat. The fruit intensity seems to increase with each sip, with the Brett funk decreasing at the same time. Mouthfeel is crisp and well carbonated, very little tartness, with a dry finish that provides a smooth, lingering finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Mount Kenya IPA. 40 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Reuben's Brews Gose. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bakery: Coconut Macaroons. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity