Muis (with Galaxy Hops)
We aged the Galaxy-hopped Muis for over a year (bottled on 5/16/16) before popping it open this week. It's very hazy and opaque, pouring a soft, golden yellow color. The head is very white, bubbly, and frothy. Some visible yeast appears at the bottom of the glass, but even it is obscured by the cloudiness of this beer. Aroma of Brettanomyces and fruit, but mostly Brett. Taste is phenomenal, first with the Belgian yeast flavors that you expect from this style. But also some barnyard funk that is the central flavor, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Some banana, guava, and citrus fruit flavors, with a grain bill that tastes of wheat or oat. The fruit intensity seems to increase with each sip, with the Brett funk decreasing at the same time. Mouthfeel is crisp and well carbonated, very little tartness, with a dry finish that provides a smooth, lingering finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for Reissdorf Kolsch. 18 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Solarc Shower Beer. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to All About the Stout. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 4 hours ago
- mackleminor added a rating for Lime:Thirty Lager. 4 hours ago
- mackleminor uploaded a photo for beer Lime:Thirty Lager. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity