Muis (with Galaxy Hops)
We aged the Galaxy-hopped Muis for over a year (bottled on 5/16/16) before popping it open this week. It's very hazy and opaque, pouring a soft, golden yellow color. The head is very white, bubbly, and frothy. Some visible yeast appears at the bottom of the glass, but even it is obscured by the cloudiness of this beer. Aroma of Brettanomyces and fruit, but mostly Brett. Taste is phenomenal, first with the Belgian yeast flavors that you expect from this style. But also some barnyard funk that is the central flavor, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Some banana, guava, and citrus fruit flavors, with a grain bill that tastes of wheat or oat. The fruit intensity seems to increase with each sip, with the Brett funk decreasing at the same time. Mouthfeel is crisp and well carbonated, very little tartness, with a dry finish that provides a smooth, lingering finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2018). 44 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Blueberry Boyfriend. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Peanut Butter Latte. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lifted Embargo IPA. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to It's a Trappist!. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Blue Love. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Reuben's Mosaic Crush. 7 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Hop Whore Imperial IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity