Muis (with Galaxy Hops)
We aged the Galaxy-hopped Muis for over a year (bottled on 5/16/16) before popping it open this week. It's very hazy and opaque, pouring a soft, golden yellow color. The head is very white, bubbly, and frothy. Some visible yeast appears at the bottom of the glass, but even it is obscured by the cloudiness of this beer. Aroma of Brettanomyces and fruit, but mostly Brett. Taste is phenomenal, first with the Belgian yeast flavors that you expect from this style. But also some barnyard funk that is the central flavor, but it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Some banana, guava, and citrus fruit flavors, with a grain bill that tastes of wheat or oat. The fruit intensity seems to increase with each sip, with the Brett funk decreasing at the same time. Mouthfeel is crisp and well carbonated, very little tartness, with a dry finish that provides a smooth, lingering finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 9 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for IPA 395. 56 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for ChoreoGraft. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc and 1 other listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Soaring Dragon Imperial IPA. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Death Valley Pale Ale. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Atomically. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity