Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged)
This Mountain Standard is a Barrel Aged Double Black IPA. It pours a dark brown color with one finger of creamy, tan colored head. Intense aroma that you can pick up on well before putting the glass up to your nose. Roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and piney hops. Smells like a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, but this is an IPA right? Taste is rich and bold. Malty like a dark beer, but still hoppy like an IPA. Hops flavors are earthy and piney. The barrel aging adds a bit of oak flavor and bourbon smoothness to the mouthfeel. Sweet, milk chocolate in the finish, coupled with a slight citrus bitterness. High quality and clearly a style that you can't get very often. This is a nice sipper and one that will keep IPA fans satisfied in the winter months.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to Portlandia. 34 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Shepplekofeggan. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Blak Bavarian Style Black Lager. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Brown Angel. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Molecular Self Assembly. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Just for Fun. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Boulevard Brewing Chocolate Ale. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Shake Chocolate Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity