Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged)
This Mountain Standard is a Barrel Aged Double Black IPA. It pours a dark brown color with one finger of creamy, tan colored head. Intense aroma that you can pick up on well before putting the glass up to your nose. Roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and piney hops. Smells like a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, but this is an IPA right? Taste is rich and bold. Malty like a dark beer, but still hoppy like an IPA. Hops flavors are earthy and piney. The barrel aging adds a bit of oak flavor and bourbon smoothness to the mouthfeel. Sweet, milk chocolate in the finish, coupled with a slight citrus bitterness. High quality and clearly a style that you can't get very often. This is a nice sipper and one that will keep IPA fans satisfied in the winter months.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hellboy - Maple Syrup Pancakes Beer. 14 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep listened to LA LA Land. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Chuck-Amok. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to San Diego Part 2. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Le Merle. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Goodland Orange Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star: Coffee Edition (2017). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity