Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged)
This Mountain Standard is a Barrel Aged Double Black IPA. It pours a dark brown color with one finger of creamy, tan colored head. Intense aroma that you can pick up on well before putting the glass up to your nose. Roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and piney hops. Smells like a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, but this is an IPA right? Taste is rich and bold. Malty like a dark beer, but still hoppy like an IPA. Hops flavors are earthy and piney. The barrel aging adds a bit of oak flavor and bourbon smoothness to the mouthfeel. Sweet, milk chocolate in the finish, coupled with a slight citrus bitterness. High quality and clearly a style that you can't get very often. This is a nice sipper and one that will keep IPA fans satisfied in the winter months.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 17 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for General Sherman IPA - Double Dry Hopped. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Orange County. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Size 7 IPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Hangar 24 Alt-Bier Amber Ale. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to All About the Stout. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB and 1 other listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity