Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged)
This Mountain Standard is a Barrel Aged Double Black IPA. It pours a dark brown color with one finger of creamy, tan colored head. Intense aroma that you can pick up on well before putting the glass up to your nose. Roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and piney hops. Smells like a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, but this is an IPA right? Taste is rich and bold. Malty like a dark beer, but still hoppy like an IPA. Hops flavors are earthy and piney. The barrel aging adds a bit of oak flavor and bourbon smoothness to the mouthfeel. Sweet, milk chocolate in the finish, coupled with a slight citrus bitterness. High quality and clearly a style that you can't get very often. This is a nice sipper and one that will keep IPA fans satisfied in the winter months.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 listened to What's My Name Again?. 3 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Exit 18 Baltic Porter. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dorado High. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Great Divide Hercules. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to On the Boulevard. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity