Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged)
This Mountain Standard is a Barrel Aged Double Black IPA. It pours a dark brown color with one finger of creamy, tan colored head. Intense aroma that you can pick up on well before putting the glass up to your nose. Roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and piney hops. Smells like a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, but this is an IPA right? Taste is rich and bold. Malty like a dark beer, but still hoppy like an IPA. Hops flavors are earthy and piney. The barrel aging adds a bit of oak flavor and bourbon smoothness to the mouthfeel. Sweet, milk chocolate in the finish, coupled with a slight citrus bitterness. High quality and clearly a style that you can't get very often. This is a nice sipper and one that will keep IPA fans satisfied in the winter months.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to It's a Trappist!. 28 minutes ago
- lauralane and 1 other added a rating for Prince of Dankness. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for No Resolutions. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Seizoen. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to San Diego Part 2. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for EZPZ Dry Hopped Pilsner. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for On Fleek. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity