Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged)
This Mountain Standard is a Barrel Aged Double Black IPA. It pours a dark brown color with one finger of creamy, tan colored head. Intense aroma that you can pick up on well before putting the glass up to your nose. Roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and piney hops. Smells like a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, but this is an IPA right? Taste is rich and bold. Malty like a dark beer, but still hoppy like an IPA. Hops flavors are earthy and piney. The barrel aging adds a bit of oak flavor and bourbon smoothness to the mouthfeel. Sweet, milk chocolate in the finish, coupled with a slight citrus bitterness. High quality and clearly a style that you can’t get very often. This is a nice sipper and one that will keep IPA fans satisfied in the winter months.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Hammerland DIPA. 2 minutes ago
- lposada listened to LA LA Land. 53 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Voodoo Doughnut Mango Astronaut Ale. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Seattle Show. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other added a rating for Shake Chocolate Porter. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Some Pumpkins. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Ellison Tiramisu Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity