Like a lot of Ballast Point porters and stouts, Mocha Marlin pours dark, dark brown barely letting any light through, with a thick, tan head that's coarse and bubbly. Aroma is of chocolate and coffee, and faintly wafts some malts. Up front there's a bittersweet dark chocolate taste that is somewhat dry, making the bitterness linger on. Coffee flavor is bold and packs a punch that quickly turns to an acrid burned coffee taste. The roasty malts are somewhat back burnered by the wallop of bitter, bakers chocolate. It's thin to medium bodied, with plenty of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Playification. 34 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Deftones Phantom Bride IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Resilience Butte County Proud IPA. 6 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity