Like a lot of Ballast Point porters and stouts, Mocha Marlin pours dark, dark brown barely letting any light through, with a thick, tan head that's coarse and bubbly. Aroma is of chocolate and coffee, and faintly wafts some malts. Up front there's a bittersweet dark chocolate taste that is somewhat dry, making the bitterness linger on. Coffee flavor is bold and packs a punch that quickly turns to an acrid burned coffee taste. The roasty malts are somewhat back burnered by the wallop of bitter, bakers chocolate. It's thin to medium bodied, with plenty of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 48 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for No Chill. 1 hour ago
- budman1 and 1 other listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Bean Counter. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lips of Faith - Gratzer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity