Like a lot of Ballast Point porters and stouts, Mocha Marlin pours dark, dark brown barely letting any light through, with a thick, tan head that's coarse and bubbly. Aroma is of chocolate and coffee, and faintly wafts some malts. Up front there's a bittersweet dark chocolate taste that is somewhat dry, making the bitterness linger on. Coffee flavor is bold and packs a punch that quickly turns to an acrid burned coffee taste. The roasty malts are somewhat back burnered by the wallop of bitter, bakers chocolate. It's thin to medium bodied, with plenty of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Memory Foam. 11 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Betty IPA. 1 hour ago
- Pollyannabanana commented on beer Thirsty Frog Red Ale. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other added a rating for Angelica. 2 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Christmas Show 2018. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Purple Haze. 4 hours ago
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Infinite Wishes 2017. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Amarilla Gorilla IPA. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity