Like a lot of Ballast Point porters and stouts, Mocha Marlin pours dark, dark brown barely letting any light through, with a thick, tan head that's coarse and bubbly. Aroma is of chocolate and coffee, and faintly wafts some malts. Up front there's a bittersweet dark chocolate taste that is somewhat dry, making the bitterness linger on. Coffee flavor is bold and packs a punch that quickly turns to an acrid burned coffee taste. The roasty malts are somewhat back burnered by the wallop of bitter, bakers chocolate. It's thin to medium bodied, with plenty of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning and 1 other added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 20 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Island Brewing Company IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Goosed. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for The Seer. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Stouting Match. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity