Like a lot of Ballast Point porters and stouts, Mocha Marlin pours dark, dark brown barely letting any light through, with a thick, tan head that's coarse and bubbly. Aroma is of chocolate and coffee, and faintly wafts some malts. Up front there's a bittersweet dark chocolate taste that is somewhat dry, making the bitterness linger on. Coffee flavor is bold and packs a punch that quickly turns to an acrid burned coffee taste. The roasty malts are somewhat back burnered by the wallop of bitter, bakers chocolate. It's thin to medium bodied, with plenty of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Devil Dancer. 39 minutes ago
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Lights On. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Game of Thrones: Valar Dohaeris. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Panic IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Bitter Valentine. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Heady Topper. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to California Grab Bag II. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity