Merry Christmas Happy New Year 2020
As you may know, this beer is brewed with a new recipe and has a new label each year, and the uniqueness and history with this beer is something to appreciate. Now in its 46th year, this is a tradition that many of us look forward to every winter. This year’s beer is very dark brown in color with a 3-finger thick, tan colored, foamy head. Aroma is fairly mild but has a malty, cola-like smell like many brown ales. Taste is malt-forward with dark bread, light chocolate, and some holiday spice. We also get hints of coffee, honey, graham cracker, and molasses. The hops are piney and earthy. All of these flavors are moderate in intensity, and with the creamy carbonation, create a smooth mouthfeel and finish. Apparently this year called from something stronger, as the 7% is the highest ABV that we can recall seeing with this beer. But it’s still approachable and pretty easy to drink, which is especially important if you pick up the magnum like we did. Enjoy this one – Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 28 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bright. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas Beers. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Vanishing Point Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- budman1 and 1 other added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dankosaurus IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to California Grab Bag. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity