Melrose IPA pours a very clear, light copper color with a medium frothy white head. The aroma is unique with hints of salt water taffy, honey and butter. The malt base is darker than you would expect with strong rye bread characteristics. Citrus and tropical fruit hops, but there is a strong, resinous pine hop flavor on top that finishes with some refreshing bitterness. The most impressive aspect of this beer is the silky smooth, buttery mouthfeel that allows the flavors to linger on the tongue longer than most beers. This is an outstanding West Coast-style IPA from Beachwood.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Sugar Pine Cocoa-Vanilla Porter. 54 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Canebrake. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Norman. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sanctification. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Aphotic. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Tanilla Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity