Meet Your Maker
Perhaps the hardest bottle to open, but if you can get the cork out, it pours a dark reddish amber with a monstrous, foamy, light tan colored head that never fades away. Fantastic, Belgian-like aroma of dark fruit, malt, and yeast. Taste is big and complex. Fruit forward with flavors of date, raisin, and plum. There’s an underlying sweetness of caramel and chocolate. High carbonation, and with the sweetness it tastes remarkably similar to Rum and Coke! Boozy with a warming mouthfeel. Earthy and floral hops, but the hops simply support the fruit and malt flavors. Just a touch of coffee and leather. Finish has more of the dark fruit and banana that is slightly sweet and lingers. Lots going on here – it’s not your typical Belgian-style beer, but the flavors are intense, unique and interesting.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 33 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Lily Ale. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The KrHOPen. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Source Series Apis. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Ninja vs. Unicorn. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to California Grab Bag II. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
The Red Glove
Little Blue Penguin