Meet Your Maker
Perhaps the hardest bottle to open, but if you can get the cork out, it pours a dark reddish amber with a monstrous, foamy, light tan colored head that never fades away. Fantastic, Belgian-like aroma of dark fruit, malt, and yeast. Taste is big and complex. Fruit forward with flavors of date, raisin, and plum. There's an underlying sweetness of caramel and chocolate. High carbonation, and with the sweetness it tastes remarkably similar to Rum and Coke! Boozy with a warming mouthfeel. Earthy and floral hops, but the hops simply support the fruit and malt flavors. Just a touch of coffee and leather. Finish has more of the dark fruit and banana that is slightly sweet and lingers. Lots going on here - it's not your typical Belgian-style beer, but the flavors are intense, unique and interesting.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Blackened Voodoo Lager. 41 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Formless Reflections. 56 minutes ago
- budman1 listened to Christmas Special. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Mamma's Candied Yams. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Arkham's Finest. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity