Mamma's Candied Yams
Color is dark amber, slightly transparent, with two fingers of khaki colored head. Strong aroma of seasonal spices. Big, bold, taste – wow! Malt forward with distinct flavors of brown sugar, butter, and candied yams. There’s a sweetness that dominates the flavor, with marshmallow and molasses on top of all that brown sugar. Despite all the sweetness, it’s really enjoyable and it drinks more like a seasonable sipper and not at all dessert-like. Full bodied with a warming mouthfeel. This would have been perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but it’s still great for New Year’s or any day during the winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Calm Before the Storm. 22 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 and 1 other added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other added a rating for Death From Above. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Pumpkin Harvest Ale. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Mosaic Promise. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Killian's Irish Red. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity