Love Child No. 8
This iteration of Love Child pours much like the others, a nice apricot with reddish tint, and substantial cream colored head that laces. The aroma is nicely sour, lots of Brett funk comes through with notes of oak. The taste is a more intense acetic sour than No. 6, and on par with No. 5. It's a layered complex flavor, starting with a lactic tartness of cherry and oak, with perhaps some peach in there somewhere. Belgian yeast is noticeable and complements the slight earthiness you get towards the end. The carbonation seems a little low, especially given the medium mouthfeel but overall it's a solid sour.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 27 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Back to the Brews. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Moxee-Moron. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Marionberry Braggot. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity