Love Child No. 8
This iteration of Love Child pours much like the others, a nice apricot with reddish tint, and substantial cream colored head that laces. The aroma is nicely sour, lots of Brett funk comes through with notes of oak. The taste is a more intense acetic sour than No. 6, and on par with No. 5. It's a layered complex flavor, starting with a lactic tartness of cherry and oak, with perhaps some peach in there somewhere. Belgian yeast is noticeable and complements the slight earthiness you get towards the end. The carbonation seems a little low, especially given the medium mouthfeel but overall it's a solid sour.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 54 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Buena Vista IPA. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Vicinity. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Compunction. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Westmalle Tripel Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Double Chuuurch!. 7 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity