Love Child No. 8
This iteration of Love Child pours much like the others, a nice apricot with reddish tint, and substantial cream colored head that laces. The aroma is nicely sour, lots of Brett funk comes through with notes of oak. The taste is a more intense acetic sour than No. 6, and on par with No. 5. It's a layered complex flavor, starting with a lactic tartness of cherry and oak, with perhaps some peach in there somewhere. Belgian yeast is noticeable and complements the slight earthiness you get towards the end. The carbonation seems a little low, especially given the medium mouthfeel but overall it's a solid sour.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to Stouterday Night Live. 1 minute ago
- plarson added a rating for FV 13. 47 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Stone Thunderstruck IPA (19th Anniversary). 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Boo Koo IPA. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Exemption (Peach Brandy Barrel). 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for BORIS The Crusher Reserve. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for 3 Best Friends Coffee Vanilla Lager. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity