Love Child No. 8
This iteration of Love Child pours much like the others, a nice apricot with reddish tint, and substantial cream colored head that laces. The aroma is nicely sour, lots of Brett funk comes through with notes of oak. The taste is a more intense acetic sour than No. 6, and on par with No. 5. It's a layered complex flavor, starting with a lactic tartness of cherry and oak, with perhaps some peach in there somewhere. Belgian yeast is noticeable and complements the slight earthiness you get towards the end. The carbonation seems a little low, especially given the medium mouthfeel but overall it's a solid sour.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Alpine Hoppy Birthday. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Beers Up North. 4 hours ago
- dheliker listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Japanese Green Tea IPA. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Dirty Old Man Imperial Rye Porter. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity