Lips of Faith - Gratzer
New Belgium has brewed this beer in collaboration with 3 Floyds from Munster, Indiana. Gratzer is a long-buried Polish style of beer that they have unearthed for part of their Lips of Faith series. This is one of the darkest beers we have ever seen and lets almost no light through. It has a strong, smoky smell. On the sip, the beer has a lighter mouthfeel but a substantial smokiness on the initial taste. There is a slight sourness in the second phase and then a hint of sweetness in the aftertaste. There is a cigar flavor here and would pair well with smoked meats. This is not the strangest beer we have encountered in this series, but it was definitely interesting to try a style of beer from the past.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 52 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lustro. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Summertime Brews. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 120 Minute IPA. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Pelican. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Trellis Buster. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Summer Love Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Rod Rye. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity