Lips of Faith - Gratzer
New Belgium has brewed this beer in collaboration with 3 Floyds from Munster, Indiana. Gratzer is a long-buried Polish style of beer that they have unearthed for part of their Lips of Faith series. This is one of the darkest beers we have ever seen and lets almost no light through. It has a strong, smoky smell. On the sip, the beer has a lighter mouthfeel but a substantial smokiness on the initial taste. There is a slight sourness in the second phase and then a hint of sweetness in the aftertaste. There is a cigar flavor here and would pair well with smoked meats. This is not the strangest beer we have encountered in this series, but it was definitely interesting to try a style of beer from the past.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Downtown Brown. 5 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 54 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Mackeson Triple XXX Stout. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Some Pumpkins. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to From the Archives Part 1. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Piraat Ale. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity