Lips of Faith - Gratzer
New Belgium has brewed this beer in collaboration with 3 Floyds from Munster, Indiana. Gratzer is a long-buried Polish style of beer that they have unearthed for part of their Lips of Faith series. This is one of the darkest beers we have ever seen and lets almost no light through. It has a strong, smoky smell. On the sip, the beer has a lighter mouthfeel but a substantial smokiness on the initial taste. There is a slight sourness in the second phase and then a hint of sweetness in the aftertaste. There is a cigar flavor here and would pair well with smoked meats. This is not the strangest beer we have encountered in this series, but it was definitely interesting to try a style of beer from the past.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 35 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Le Jus. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Back to the Brews. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc and 1 other listened to L.A.I.P.As. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller commented on beer Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity