Lips of Faith - Gratzer
New Belgium has brewed this beer in collaboration with 3 Floyds from Munster, Indiana. Gratzer is a long-buried Polish style of beer that they have unearthed for part of their Lips of Faith series. This is one of the darkest beers we have ever seen and lets almost no light through. It has a strong, smoky smell. On the sip, the beer has a lighter mouthfeel but a substantial smokiness on the initial taste. There is a slight sourness in the second phase and then a hint of sweetness in the aftertaste. There is a cigar flavor here and would pair well with smoked meats. This is not the strangest beer we have encountered in this series, but it was definitely interesting to try a style of beer from the past.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 3 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeple?. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Dankosaurus IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Betty IPA. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to What's My Name Again?. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Exit 18 Baltic Porter. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dorado High. 6 hours ago
- lposada listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity