Leo v. Ursus - Doublus
Color is a bit hazy, golden amber with a two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Nice retention and plentiful lacing all over the glass. Strong, hoppy aroma of berry, citrus, and tropical fruit. Taste is hop forward with similar flavors to the aroma, but also tea leaves and resinous pine. Malts are pretty bold too, which helps with the overall balance. There’s a bready feel, coupled with caramel malt for a mild sweetness. Well carbonated and medium to full-bodied. Mouthfeel is sticky and chewy and the bitterness is spot on – really reminiscent of Double IPAs before the entire Northeast-style craze. Another well done beer from the Leo v. Ursus series.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Pilsner Urquell. 1 hour ago
- plarson listened to San Diego Part 2. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Orange County. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Super Session #2. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Biere de Mars. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Island Brewing Company IPA. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Daylight Amber. 7 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Self Destruct. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity