Leo v. Ursus - Doublus
Color is a bit hazy, golden amber with a two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Nice retention and plentiful lacing all over the glass. Strong, hoppy aroma of berry, citrus, and tropical fruit. Taste is hop forward with similar flavors to the aroma, but also tea leaves and resinous pine. Malts are pretty bold too, which helps with the overall balance. There's a bready feel, coupled with caramel malt for a mild sweetness. Well carbonated and medium to full-bodied. Mouthfeel is sticky and chewy and the bitterness is spot on - really reminiscent of Double IPAs before the entire Northeast-style craze. Another well done beer from the Leo v. Ursus series.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Zonker Stout. 20 minutes ago
- ghost74 listened to Stouting Match. 50 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Saint Archer Mosaic IPA. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for The Penske File. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Sin-Tax. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Blazing World. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for St. Mawes. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Imaginary Friends. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity