Leo v. Ursus - Doublus
Color is a bit hazy, golden amber with a two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Nice retention and plentiful lacing all over the glass. Strong, hoppy aroma of berry, citrus, and tropical fruit. Taste is hop forward with similar flavors to the aroma, but also tea leaves and resinous pine. Malts are pretty bold too, which helps with the overall balance. There’s a bready feel, coupled with caramel malt for a mild sweetness. Well carbonated and medium to full-bodied. Mouthfeel is sticky and chewy and the bitterness is spot on – really reminiscent of Double IPAs before the entire Northeast-style craze. Another well done beer from the Leo v. Ursus series.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 34 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Lily Ale. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The KrHOPen. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Source Series Apis. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Ninja vs. Unicorn. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to California Grab Bag II. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
The Red Glove
Little Blue Penguin