Leo v. Ursus - Doublus
Color is a bit hazy, golden amber with a two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Nice retention and plentiful lacing all over the glass. Strong, hoppy aroma of berry, citrus, and tropical fruit. Taste is hop forward with similar flavors to the aroma, but also tea leaves and resinous pine. Malts are pretty bold too, which helps with the overall balance. There’s a bready feel, coupled with caramel malt for a mild sweetness. Well carbonated and medium to full-bodied. Mouthfeel is sticky and chewy and the bitterness is spot on – really reminiscent of Double IPAs before the entire Northeast-style craze. Another well done beer from the Leo v. Ursus series.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy. 21 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Happy Hops. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for More Moro Blood Orange IPA. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other added a rating for Boulevard Brewing Chocolate Ale. 3 hours ago
- plarson and 1 other added a rating for KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout). 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 8. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity