Leo v. Ursus - Doublus
Color is a bit hazy, golden amber with a two fingers of off-white, foamy head. Nice retention and plentiful lacing all over the glass. Strong, hoppy aroma of berry, citrus, and tropical fruit. Taste is hop forward with similar flavors to the aroma, but also tea leaves and resinous pine. Malts are pretty bold too, which helps with the overall balance. There's a bready feel, coupled with caramel malt for a mild sweetness. Well carbonated and medium to full-bodied. Mouthfeel is sticky and chewy and the bitterness is spot on - really reminiscent of Double IPAs before the entire Northeast-style craze. Another well done beer from the Leo v. Ursus series.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Solarc Shower Beer. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to All About the Stout. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 4 hours ago
- mackleminor added a rating for Lime:Thirty Lager. 4 hours ago
- mackleminor uploaded a photo for beer Lime:Thirty Lager. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Thresher. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity