Lava Smoked Imperial Porter
On the pour, Lava is a dark, dark brown with only a little red amber color peaking through on the edges. The aroma is a combination of dark malts, hickory smoke, and some alcohol burn. This has some barbecue flavors like worcestershire marinade, and hickory smoke on top of a dark molasses malt base. The smell makes it seem like this beer might be overwhelming, but it's actually quite drinkable and not overwhelming with the alcohol. This would pair well with pork loin or smoked cheese.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Spock It. 2 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Isle Of MaGourdo. 58 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Kitty Kat Blues. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Icelandic Wee Heavy. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for West Coast Red. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Hammerland DIPA. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to LA LA Land. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Voodoo Doughnut Mango Astronaut Ale. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity