Brewed in collaboration with Brasserie De Blaugies in Belgium, la Vermontoise pours from a green bottle with a retro label, like a wine bottle from the 60's. It is an incredibly light straw colored beer with a thick, foamy, whipped egg-white head that lasts forever. The farmhouse and horse blanket funk is strong on the aroma, kind of like cheese rind mixed with a lemon soapiness. The flavor retains very little of the funkiness from the aroma, introducing plenty of pleasing citrus lemon hop flavors. The flavor is more reminiscent of a Dutch lager taste than Belgian ale, giving it a crisp and balanced quality for a farmhouse ale.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Hop Ottin' IPA. 54 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Identity Crisis. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for CHP - Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Pacific Kölsch Highway. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Blue Bridge Coffee Stout. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Suicide Squeeze IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity