Brewed in collaboration with Brasserie De Blaugies in Belgium, la Vermontoise pours from a green bottle with a retro label, like a wine bottle from the 60's. It is an incredibly light straw colored beer with a thick, foamy, whipped egg-white head that lasts forever. The farmhouse and horse blanket funk is strong on the aroma, kind of like cheese rind mixed with a lemon soapiness. The flavor retains very little of the funkiness from the aroma, introducing plenty of pleasing citrus lemon hop flavors. The flavor is more reminiscent of a Dutch lager taste than Belgian ale, giving it a crisp and balanced quality for a farmhouse ale.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada and 1 other listened to Stouterday Night Live. 54 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for ZeeLander. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Oil Piers Gingerbread Spiced Porter. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Row 2 / Hill 56. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Monterey Beer. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity