Brewed in collaboration with Brasserie De Blaugies in Belgium, la Vermontoise pours from a green bottle with a retro label, like a wine bottle from the 60's. It is an incredibly light straw colored beer with a thick, foamy, whipped egg-white head that lasts forever. The farmhouse and horse blanket funk is strong on the aroma, kind of like cheese rind mixed with a lemon soapiness. The flavor retains very little of the funkiness from the aroma, introducing plenty of pleasing citrus lemon hop flavors. The flavor is more reminiscent of a Dutch lager taste than Belgian ale, giving it a crisp and balanced quality for a farmhouse ale.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 10 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Sanctification. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Le Jus. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to L.A. Beers. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity