L.A. Gold is a collaboration between Highland Park Brewery and El Segundo Brewing Company as a "West Coast Kellerbier." It pours a mostly transparent, deep gold color. Head is white and foamy. Recedes quickly but leaves a lot of lacing. There's a continuous bubble stream from bottom to top. Aroma smells both crisp and hoppy. Taste is both refreshing and packed with flavor. Almost like an IPA but with a little more malt presence. Malts are grainy and bready with a nice bite. Hops are grassy and citrusy, with lemon and grapefruit coming to mind first. Mouthfeel is clean and crisp. Finishes dry with a long, bitter tail. Really interesting style with nice balance. With all these hops, it tastes more like and IPA than a lager, but fans of either style may want to check this out for something different.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 2 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to It's a Trappist!. 59 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Cerasus Magnifera. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to Christmas Special. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Root Bound. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Partying Past Burning Bridges. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Indian Brown Ale. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Petty. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity