Komes Raspberry Porter
Color is medium to dark brown with a fairly thin, tan head with little retention and lacing. Aroma of raspberry puree and chocolate. Taste is rich and decadent. Massive raspberry flavors, paired with lesser amounts of dark chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. Roasted malts are the backbone, but there's a chili pepper spice that hits you in the back of the throat. And there's also a dessert-like sweetness, like the sweet raspberry sauce that might be served over cheesecake or souffle. Medium body and nicely carbonated, appropriate for the style. Mouthfeel is velvety and smooth. High quality and enjoyable, this is a complex beer with a lot of really good things going on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for ChoreoGraft. 18 minutes ago
- Alexa listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 59 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for RuinTen Triple IPA (2016). 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Booming Rollers. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Viejo Rojo. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity