Komes Raspberry Porter
Color is medium to dark brown with a fairly thin, tan head with little retention and lacing. Aroma of raspberry purée and chocolate. Taste is rich and decadent. Massive raspberry flavors, paired with lesser amounts of dark chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. Roasted malts are the backbone, but there’s a chili pepper spice that hits you in the back of the throat. And there’s also a dessert-like sweetness, like the sweet raspberry sauce that might be served over cheesecake or soufflé. Medium body and nicely carbonated, appropriate for the style. Mouthfeel is velvety and smooth. High quality and enjoyable, this is a complex beer with a lot of really good things going on.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for 11th Anniversary Barleywine. 41 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to It's a Trappist!. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Devil's Invention. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Olympia Beer. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to From the Archives Part 1. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil