This was the "strange brew" on our Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas podcast but it's a "strange brew" in name but not in flavor. This is comes to us from Japan and it tastes a lot like a classic Belgian-style dubbel. Color is a reddish brown, copper and you can't really see through it. Firm, off white head with nice lacing. The aroma is really enticing, with yeast and dark fruit being most pronounced. Flavor-wise we get a lot of dark fruit, maybe some raisins and dates, with a bit of malt and yeast that balance things out. The bottle advertises both figs and cinnamon, but both are pretty subtle. Very enjoyable, smooth, and easy to drink; if you like Belgian-style dubbels, this is perfect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Whimsy. 20 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Miscellanea Vol. 2. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Log Yard IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Worth the Squeeze IPA. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Triple Berry Shake. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jersey Long Hots. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity