This was the "strange brew" on our Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas podcast but it's a "strange brew" in name but not in flavor. This is comes to us from Japan and it tastes a lot like a classic Belgian-style dubbel. Color is a reddish brown, copper and you can't really see through it. Firm, off white head with nice lacing. The aroma is really enticing, with yeast and dark fruit being most pronounced. Flavor-wise we get a lot of dark fruit, maybe some raisins and dates, with a bit of malt and yeast that balance things out. The bottle advertises both figs and cinnamon, but both are pretty subtle. Very enjoyable, smooth, and easy to drink; if you like Belgian-style dubbels, this is perfect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Sanctification. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Le Jus. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to L.A. Beers. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Weedwacker. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity