This was the "strange brew" on our Ho Ho Holly Jolly Christmas podcast but it's a "strange brew" in name but not in flavor. This is comes to us from Japan and it tastes a lot like a classic Belgian-style dubbel. Color is a reddish brown, copper and you can't really see through it. Firm, off white head with nice lacing. The aroma is really enticing, with yeast and dark fruit being most pronounced. Flavor-wise we get a lot of dark fruit, maybe some raisins and dates, with a bit of malt and yeast that balance things out. The bottle advertises both figs and cinnamon, but both are pretty subtle. Very enjoyable, smooth, and easy to drink; if you like Belgian-style dubbels, this is perfect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Fullerton Haze Hop Blend No. 6. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Logic Gate. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Crusher. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for American Sour (2015). 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Melvin IPA. 7 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity