Identity Crisis pours a dark brown color, but not completely opaque as it lets some maple colored highlights peek through. It has two fingers of thick tan head and a classic porter aroma of dark roasted malts, coffee and toffee. The beer features some very intense flavors considering it isn't overly high in alcohol content. Toasted malts and chocolate are the most prevalent flavors, but there is more. This is where the "identity crisis" comes in. This beer is 61 IBUs featuring a wide variety of hops, so much so that the ingredients list reads like an IPA. This is evident in the flavor as well as the beer certainly has more hop flavors than your average porter. And while the flavor is impressive, so is the presentation of the can, with its competing black and white, upside-down and right-side-up color scheme.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 19 minutes ago
- jbcurtis listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Rosebud Special Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Sister. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to What's My Name Again?. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity