Identity Crisis pours a dark brown color, but not completely opaque as it lets some maple colored highlights peek through. It has two fingers of thick tan head and a classic porter aroma of dark roasted malts, coffee and toffee. The beer features some very intense flavors considering it isn't overly high in alcohol content. Toasted malts and chocolate are the most prevalent flavors, but there is more. This is where the "identity crisis" comes in. This beer is 61 IBUs featuring a wide variety of hops, so much so that the ingredients list reads like an IPA. This is evident in the flavor as well as the beer certainly has more hop flavors than your average porter. And while the flavor is impressive, so is the presentation of the can, with its competing black and white, upside-down and right-side-up color scheme.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 4 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Future Perfect. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- IPAman listened to The Gold Standard. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Exploring the Vault. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Springboard Ale. 6 hours ago
- mackleminor added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity