Icelandic Winter Ale (2016)
Color is deep reddish amber with a pale tan head that is about a finger thick, frothy and creamy. Earthy aroma of pine, malt, dark fruit, and chocolate soufflé. The taste is malty and sweet from the start. Toasted malt, brown sugar, and jammy dark fruit like fig, raisin, prunes, and black currants. There’s a mild winter spice and a mild smokiness, but both of those flavors may have faded overtime as they are both very subtle now. Medium body and nicely carbonated. It’s not too boozy, but there’s a bourbon-like warming feeling as you sip this beer. Excellent finish of fruity, winter warmer sweetness. Fantastic beer and glad we aged this one for the last couple years!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Some Pumpkins. 18 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Spaten Oktoberfest. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Oak Aged Saison. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Happy New Beer!. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Stone IPA. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for The Next Episode. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Harvest Wet Hop IPA. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Allagash Sixteen Counties. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
City of Dreams
Stout at the Devil