Icelandic Winter Ale (2016)
Color is deep reddish amber with a pale tan head that is about a finger thick, frothy and creamy. Earthy aroma of pine, malt, dark fruit, and chocolate soufflé. The taste is malty and sweet from the start. Toasted malt, brown sugar, and jammy dark fruit like fig, raisin, prunes, and black currants. There’s a mild winter spice and a mild smokiness, but both of those flavors may have faded overtime as they are both very subtle now. Medium body and nicely carbonated. It’s not too boozy, but there’s a bourbon-like warming feeling as you sip this beer. Excellent finish of fruity, winter warmer sweetness. Fantastic beer and glad we aged this one for the last couple years!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 28 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Fancy Stuff Brut IPA. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Into the Woods. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Emperor Norton. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Peeper Ale. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeple?. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Pacific Gem Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity