Icelandic Winter Ale (2016)
Color is deep reddish amber with a pale tan head that is about a finger thick, frothy and creamy. Earthy aroma of pine, malt, dark fruit, and chocolate soufflé. The taste is malty and sweet from the start. Toasted malt, brown sugar, and jammy dark fruit like fig, raisin, prunes, and black currants. There’s a mild winter spice and a mild smokiness, but both of those flavors may have faded overtime as they are both very subtle now. Medium body and nicely carbonated. It’s not too boozy, but there’s a bourbon-like warming feeling as you sip this beer. Excellent finish of fruity, winter warmer sweetness. Fantastic beer and glad we aged this one for the last couple years!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Three-Eyed Raven. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Alligator. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Thousands of Money. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged). 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Big Juicy IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity