Icelandic Winter Ale (2016)
Color is deep reddish amber with a pale tan head that is about a finger thick, frothy and creamy. Earthy aroma of pine, malt, dark fruit, and chocolate souffle. The taste is malty and sweet from the start. Toasted malt, brown sugar, and jammy dark fruit like fig, raisin, prunes, and black currants. There's a mild winter spice and a mild smokiness, but both of those flavors may have faded overtime as they are both very subtle now. Medium body and nicely carbonated. It's not too boozy, but there's a bourbon-like warming feeling as you sip this beer. Excellent finish of fruity, winter warmer sweetness. Fantastic beer and glad we aged this one for the last couple years!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for La Fin Du Monde. 19 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Cloud Curtain - Nelson Sauvin . 31 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Nova Vert. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other listened to Hop o' The Morning. 2 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Beers Up North. 3 hours ago
- snpaulson added a rating for Pina Agria. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Biere de Mars. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity