Icelandic Winter Ale (2016)
Color is deep reddish amber with a pale tan head that is about a finger thick, frothy and creamy. Earthy aroma of pine, malt, dark fruit, and chocolate souffle. The taste is malty and sweet from the start. Toasted malt, brown sugar, and jammy dark fruit like fig, raisin, prunes, and black currants. There's a mild winter spice and a mild smokiness, but both of those flavors may have faded overtime as they are both very subtle now. Medium body and nicely carbonated. It's not too boozy, but there's a bourbon-like warming feeling as you sip this beer. Excellent finish of fruity, winter warmer sweetness. Fantastic beer and glad we aged this one for the last couple years!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Critical Band. 1 minute ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Zywiec Porter 1881. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Here Comes the Reaper. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for What Hath God Wrought. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Chuck-Amok. 6 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Oskar Blues IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity