Icelandic Winter Ale (2016)
Color is deep reddish amber with a pale tan head that is about a finger thick, frothy and creamy. Earthy aroma of pine, malt, dark fruit, and chocolate souffle. The taste is malty and sweet from the start. Toasted malt, brown sugar, and jammy dark fruit like fig, raisin, prunes, and black currants. There's a mild winter spice and a mild smokiness, but both of those flavors may have faded overtime as they are both very subtle now. Medium body and nicely carbonated. It's not too boozy, but there's a bourbon-like warming feeling as you sip this beer. Excellent finish of fruity, winter warmer sweetness. Fantastic beer and glad we aged this one for the last couple years!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 21 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hayburner. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to October Spectacular!. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Epic IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity