Icelandic Winter Ale (2016)
Color is deep reddish amber with a pale tan head that is about a finger thick, frothy and creamy. Earthy aroma of pine, malt, dark fruit, and chocolate souffle. The taste is malty and sweet from the start. Toasted malt, brown sugar, and jammy dark fruit like fig, raisin, prunes, and black currants. There's a mild winter spice and a mild smokiness, but both of those flavors may have faded overtime as they are both very subtle now. Medium body and nicely carbonated. It's not too boozy, but there's a bourbon-like warming feeling as you sip this beer. Excellent finish of fruity, winter warmer sweetness. Fantastic beer and glad we aged this one for the last couple years!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. Less than a minute ago.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pale to the King. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Lupujus 7. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Double Actuator. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity