Icelandic Winter Ale (2016)
Color is deep reddish amber with a pale tan head that is about a finger thick, frothy and creamy. Earthy aroma of pine, malt, dark fruit, and chocolate souffle. The taste is malty and sweet from the start. Toasted malt, brown sugar, and jammy dark fruit like fig, raisin, prunes, and black currants. There's a mild winter spice and a mild smokiness, but both of those flavors may have faded overtime as they are both very subtle now. Medium body and nicely carbonated. It's not too boozy, but there's a bourbon-like warming feeling as you sip this beer. Excellent finish of fruity, winter warmer sweetness. Fantastic beer and glad we aged this one for the last couple years!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 17 minutes ago
- AnnaB listened to Pelican. 54 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Clencher Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Sweet Sunny South. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity