Icelandic Wee Heavy
Icelandic Wee Heavy pours an ever so slightly hazy Chestnut dark brown with thin, white head. You first notice fresh malts on the aroma with a roasty faint smokiness. We don't know what Angelica Root is, but it must taste pretty good because this beer is amazing. There's light caramel up front with a touch of brown sugar, an almost indistinguishable herbal note here and there, followed by lightly roasty malts. The smokiness is subtle and marked with a sweetness that balances this beer perfectly. The alcohol is well masked and adds a wee heaviness to the mouthfeel. It ends with that trademark Einstok crispness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 6 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Firestone Pale 31. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Anchor Steam Beer. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Blonde De L'Enfer (25th Anniversary Beer). 5 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity