Icelandic Wee Heavy
Icelandic Wee Heavy pours an ever so slightly hazy Chestnut dark brown with thin, white head. You first notice fresh malts on the aroma with a roasty faint smokiness. We don't know what Angelica Root is, but it must taste pretty good because this beer is amazing. There's light caramel up front with a touch of brown sugar, an almost indistinguishable herbal note here and there, followed by lightly roasty malts. The smokiness is subtle and marked with a sweetness that balances this beer perfectly. The alcohol is well masked and adds a wee heaviness to the mouthfeel. It ends with that trademark Einstok crispness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Compunction. 8 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends?. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Ninja Star. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Asahi. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity