Icelandic Wee Heavy
Icelandic Wee Heavy pours an ever so slightly hazy Chestnut dark brown with thin, white head. You first notice fresh malts on the aroma with a roasty faint smokiness. We don't know what Angelica Root is, but it must taste pretty good because this beer is amazing. There's light caramel up front with a touch of brown sugar, an almost indistinguishable herbal note here and there, followed by lightly roasty malts. The smokiness is subtle and marked with a sweetness that balances this beer perfectly. The alcohol is well masked and adds a wee heaviness to the mouthfeel. It ends with that trademark Einstok crispness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 and 1 other listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 21 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Plum Riot. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Exploring the Vault. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for New Money. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Sierra Nevada Show. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to What's My Name Again?. 7 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Round Midnight Belgian White. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity