Hütte Double IPA
Color is mostly clear, amber or light copper. Head is thick, off-white, with good retention. Very appealing aroma with both malt and hops that seem to be tropical or melon-like. On the taste, there’s a great balance between the hops and a semi-sweet, bready malt base; maltier than most California beers. Hop flavors are across the board, with tropical fruit, citrus, and melon, but then a piney resin on the back end that creates a wonderful stickiness. The alcohol doesn’t shy away, with a 9.5% ABV that you can’t miss, especially if you’re drinking this at a high altitude like June Lake. Medium to full body but light on the carbonation. Finish is sweet but also bitter, with the booziness and 95 IBUs reminding you that this is no lightweight Double IPA. Definitely one to keep you warm on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Collaboration No. 6 Barrel Aged Blend. 40 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for El Sully. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 8. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Lupulin River. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Ace Of Spades. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Squeezebox. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity