Hop Idol 2018 - Alex Kuyper's Hazy IPA
Alex Kuyper's "Dwayne IPA" pours a very hazy, golden yellow color. Nice head retention and lacing. Foamy, white head with a hoppy aroma of tropical fruit and citrus. Taste is really juicy and fruity. Mango, pineapple, papaya but also some floral hop flavors. Bitterness somewhere between non-existent and mild. Soft malt texture, oats and wheat? Medium body with lots of juiciness and a smooth, creamy mouthfeel. A solid hazy IPA - congrats to Alex Kuyper for winning this year's Hop Idol homebrew contest at Reuben's Brews!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 24 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Arete 2016. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Thai Wheat. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Zero Buttons IPA. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Think Tank #17. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to No Pumpkins Here. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity