Heyzeus Mexican Style Lager
Mexican beers continue to maintain their popularity in America, so much so that American Breweries throughout the U.S. have started brewing Mexican-style Lagers. Melvin Brewing, all the way in Wyoming, has introduced Heyzeus, their entree to the style. Heyzeus pours a pale yellow color, mostly transparent, with a thin white head. A steady stream of large carbonation bubbles percolates from bottom to top. The aroma is classic for the style, like fresh sweet corn and barley. This beer is just about as crisp and refreshing as you could imagine. The lager malt flavor transitions into a mild sweetness and an abbreviated aftertaste that clears the palate for the next sip. The hops are subtle, but noticeably German, as were many of the original beer brewers in Mexico. This is an excellent tribute to the style and great for anyone looking to try something new on Cinco de Mayo.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for IPA 395. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to The Haze Craze of the IPA. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 listened to From the Archives Part 1. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to What's My Name Again?. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ripe IPA. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other listened to Beers Up North. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Rebel Rider Session IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity