Heyzeus Mexican Style Lager
Mexican beers continue to maintain their popularity in America, so much so that American Breweries throughout the U.S. have started brewing Mexican-style Lagers. Melvin Brewing, all the way in Wyoming, has introduced Heyzeus, their entrée to the style. Heyzeus pours a pale yellow color, mostly transparent, with a thin white head. A steady stream of large carbonation bubbles percolates from bottom to top. The aroma is classic for the style, like fresh sweet corn and barley. This beer is just about as crisp and refreshing as you could imagine. The lager malt flavor transitions into a mild sweetness and an abbreviated aftertaste that clears the palate for the next sip. The hops are subtle, but noticeably German, as were many of the original beer brewers in Mexico. This is an excellent tribute to the style and great for anyone looking to try something new on Cinco de Mayo.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Crush Cucumber Sour. Less than a minute ago.
- PrinceCharming listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 48 minutes ago
- AnnaB listened to IPAs East and West. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Solis Occasus. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for The Red Glove. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Only Echoes Respond. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Portlandia. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity