Heyzeus Mexican Style Lager
Mexican beers continue to maintain their popularity in America, so much so that American Breweries throughout the U.S. have started brewing Mexican-style Lagers. Melvin Brewing, all the way in Wyoming, has introduced Heyzeus, their entrée to the style. Heyzeus pours a pale yellow color, mostly transparent, with a thin white head. A steady stream of large carbonation bubbles percolates from bottom to top. The aroma is classic for the style, like fresh sweet corn and barley. This beer is just about as crisp and refreshing as you could imagine. The lager malt flavor transitions into a mild sweetness and an abbreviated aftertaste that clears the palate for the next sip. The hops are subtle, but noticeably German, as were many of the original beer brewers in Mexico. This is an excellent tribute to the style and great for anyone looking to try something new on Cinco de Mayo.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Left Eye, Right Eye DIPA. 14 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Layla Blackberry Sour. 52 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Long Table. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Back to Wort!. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for La Fin Du Monde. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Pumpkin Spice Latte (Nitro). 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Three Monkeys American Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
St. Paddy's Day Show
Kabru West Coast IPA