Heyzeus Mexican Style Lager
Mexican beers continue to maintain their popularity in America, so much so that American Breweries throughout the U.S. have started brewing Mexican-style Lagers. Melvin Brewing, all the way in Wyoming, has introduced Heyzeus, their entree to the style. Heyzeus pours a pale yellow color, mostly transparent, with a thin white head. A steady stream of large carbonation bubbles percolates from bottom to top. The aroma is classic for the style, like fresh sweet corn and barley. This beer is just about as crisp and refreshing as you could imagine. The lager malt flavor transitions into a mild sweetness and an abbreviated aftertaste that clears the palate for the next sip. The hops are subtle, but noticeably German, as were many of the original beer brewers in Mexico. This is an excellent tribute to the style and great for anyone looking to try something new on Cinco de Mayo.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for FV 13. 45 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Stone Thunderstruck IPA (19th Anniversary). 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Boo Koo IPA. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Exemption (Peach Brandy Barrel). 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for BORIS The Crusher Reserve. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for 3 Best Friends Coffee Vanilla Lager. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Blind Pig IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity