Ground Control (2nd Edition)
The 2nd Edition of Ground Control is pretty special, which is why we finally opened it up for our 100th Episode podcast. The color is very dark brown, almost black, with two fingers of tan colored, foamy head. It smells amazing, like molasses, oatmeal, and chocolate. Flavors of nuts, roasted malt, milk chocolate, coffee, oats, and earthy hops. The hazelnut is not super prominent, but you always know it’s there. Mild sweetness, especially for 10% ABV. Smooth, creamy, and drinkable, with no booziness at all. This beer is incredibly balanced and complex, and it’s as good, if not better than the 1st edition. We've been cellaring this Bourbon-Barrel Aged beer since 2016, and the extra time in the bottle has certainly paid off.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Moosehead Lager. 19 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mount Kenya IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Reuben's Brews Gose. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bakery: Coconut Macaroons. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity