Golden State of Mind
Golden State of Mind is a translucent golden yellow color with two fingers of fizzy white head and quite a bit of carbonation. The aroma consists of corn and barley malt, flowery herbal tea, and a banana-like Belgian characteristic. For a beer with no hops at all, you would expect the malt profile to be dominant. This is not the case, however. It seems the ingredients they have replaced the hops with do the job of hops: the addition of bitterness and flavor complexity. These flavors consist of camomile tea, orange peel, and banana that are paired with a honey graham cracker sweetness, a mix of flavors that brings a confetti cake-like quality. Overall this is a very interesting beer and certainly a worthwhile experiment.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 listened to Exploring the Vault. 1 minute ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Viejo Rojo. 57 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Sweet Sunny South. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to Beers Up North. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to From the Archives Part 1. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Cross of Gold. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Hazy Rider. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity