Golden State of Mind
Golden State of Mind is a translucent golden yellow color with two fingers of fizzy white head and quite a bit of carbonation. The aroma consists of corn and barley malt, flowery herbal tea, and a banana-like Belgian characteristic. For a beer with no hops at all, you would expect the malt profile to be dominant. This is not the case, however. It seems the ingredients they have replaced the hops with do the job of hops: the addition of bitterness and flavor complexity. These flavors consist of camomile tea, orange peel, and banana that are paired with a honey graham cracker sweetness, a mix of flavors that brings a confetti cake-like quality. Overall this is a very interesting beer and certainly a worthwhile experiment.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Reuben's Mosaic Crush. 54 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Miami Gras. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Islander IPA. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for American Sour (2015). 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Rahr & Sons Pumpkin. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Fullerton Haze Hop Blend No. 6. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 7 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Goose Experimental Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity