Golden State of Mind
Golden State of Mind is a translucent golden yellow color with two fingers of fizzy white head and quite a bit of carbonation. The aroma consists of corn and barley malt, flowery herbal tea, and a banana-like Belgian characteristic. For a beer with no hops at all, you would expect the malt profile to be dominant. This is not the case, however. It seems the ingredients they have replaced the hops with do the job of hops: the addition of bitterness and flavor complexity. These flavors consist of camomile tea, orange peel, and banana that are paired with a honey graham cracker sweetness, a mix of flavors that brings a confetti cake-like quality. Overall this is a very interesting beer and certainly a worthwhile experiment.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Back to the Brews. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Moxee-Moron. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Marionberry Braggot. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity