Golden Nugget pours a cloudy, soft gold color with about 1 finger of white, foamy head. Good retention and lacing. Aroma is dank and hoppy with both citrus and tropical fruit. Taste follows the nose, with ripe fruit flavors of mango, guava, tangerine, grapefruit, and lime. Very fresh tasting with huge amounts of hops. But there's also a soft, flaky malt backbone that supports all the hop flavors. Mild bitterness and ample juiciness. Mouthfeel is crisp and dry. It doesn't seem get as much attention as some of the other TG beers, but Golden Nugget is a solid Northeast-style IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Space Ghost. 20 minutes ago
- Diesel5 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Pliny The Elder. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for The Trinity. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hop Ottin' IPA. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Sudwerk Fest Harvest Lager. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity