Golden Nugget pours a cloudy, soft gold color with about 1 finger of white, foamy head. Good retention and lacing. Aroma is dank and hoppy with both citrus and tropical fruit. Taste follows the nose, with ripe fruit flavors of mango, guava, tangerine, grapefruit, and lime. Very fresh tasting with huge amounts of hops. But there's also a soft, flaky malt backbone that supports all the hop flavors. Mild bitterness and ample juiciness. Mouthfeel is crisp and dry. It doesn't seem get as much attention as some of the other TG beers, but Golden Nugget is a solid Northeast-style IPA.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 3 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Asahi. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Wynona's Big Brown Ale. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Good Guy Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Pelican. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Tocobaga. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lizard People. 6 hours ago
- lauralane listened to No Pumpkins Here. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity