Color is golden and hazy but not too cloudy. One finger of white, frothy head. Hoppy, citrus-dominated aroma. Taste is hoppy and bright, with lemon, lime, tangerine, and grapefruit. Maybe a touch of peach or apricot. Malts are soft and grainy, and mouthfeel is juicy but also fairly crisp. We get a solid bitterness, but nothing to scare anyone off, and we’re shocked to see the IBU’s at 132. Can’t recall ever tasting a hazy double IPA with IBU this high. Maybe this is going for a bit of West Coast and a bit of Northeast. But it works and this beer is pretty good.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Ginormous Imperial IPA. 40 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Back to the Brews. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Bourbon Barrel Aged Coconut Stout. 3 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 and 1 other added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2020). 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Morning Star. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to San Diego Part 1. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 and 1 other added a rating for Sudwerk Fest Harvest Lager. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity