Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017
Color is jet black with a finger of creamy, khaki colored head. Lots of sticky lacing on the glass. Aroma of roasted malt, coffee, and dark chocolate. Taste is a tad boozy right off the bat, with the 11.7% not shying away. The booziness does seem to die down as the beer warms. Robust flavors of chocolate, coffee, vanilla extract, and dark malt. Nice milky lactose and sweet maple syrup from the barrels. Pretty sweet but not quite to the extent of some "dessert beers." Mouthfeel is silky, velvety and creamy. The barrel aging is noticeable, but there's more chocolate than bourbon flavors. You could even think of this as chocolate chip cookies melted into liquid form. Another beer with a lot of hype and this one definitely lives up to it! Incredible!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Great Lei Pineapple Colada IPA. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouterday Night Live. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Playification. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 7 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity