Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017
Color is jet black with a finger of creamy, khaki colored head. Lots of sticky lacing on the glass. Aroma of roasted malt, coffee, and dark chocolate. Taste is a tad boozy right off the bat, with the 11.7% not shying away. The booziness does seem to die down as the beer warms. Robust flavors of chocolate, coffee, vanilla extract, and dark malt. Nice milky lactose and sweet maple syrup from the barrels. Pretty sweet but not quite to the extent of some “dessert beers.” Mouthfeel is silky, velvety and creamy. The barrel aging is noticeable, but there’s more chocolate than bourbon flavors. You could even think of this as chocolate chip cookies melted into liquid form. Another beer with a lot of hype and this one definitely lives up to it! Incredible!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Saison Brett. 6 minutes ago
- duffy12 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bent Hop Golden IPA. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Pinner Throwback IPA. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Ale. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Valar Dohaeris. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Ellie's Brown Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity