Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017
Color is jet black with a finger of creamy, khaki colored head. Lots of sticky lacing on the glass. Aroma of roasted malt, coffee, and dark chocolate. Taste is a tad boozy right off the bat, with the 11.7% not shying away. The booziness does seem to die down as the beer warms. Robust flavors of chocolate, coffee, vanilla extract, and dark malt. Nice milky lactose and sweet maple syrup from the barrels. Pretty sweet but not quite to the extent of some “dessert beers.” Mouthfeel is silky, velvety and creamy. The barrel aging is noticeable, but there’s more chocolate than bourbon flavors. You could even think of this as chocolate chip cookies melted into liquid form. Another beer with a lot of hype and this one definitely lives up to it! Incredible!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Supajuice. 33 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Samuel Adams Summer Ale. 1 hour ago
- SweeneyWorldWide commented on beer Glorious Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Zwickel. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Melrose IPA. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to DIPA Thoughts. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Redhook Long Hammer IPA. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Head South. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity