Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017
Color is jet black with a finger of creamy, khaki colored head. Lots of sticky lacing on the glass. Aroma of roasted malt, coffee, and dark chocolate. Taste is a tad boozy right off the bat, with the 11.7% not shying away. The booziness does seem to die down as the beer warms. Robust flavors of chocolate, coffee, vanilla extract, and dark malt. Nice milky lactose and sweet maple syrup from the barrels. Pretty sweet but not quite to the extent of some "dessert beers." Mouthfeel is silky, velvety and creamy. The barrel aging is noticeable, but there's more chocolate than bourbon flavors. You could even think of this as chocolate chip cookies melted into liquid form. Another beer with a lot of hype and this one definitely lives up to it! Incredible!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Birra Nursia Bionda. 33 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Pina Agria. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Snow Plow Milk Stout. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Trader Joe's Sour Blueberry. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Derivative: Mystery. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Something to Reel (Juicy IPA #13). 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for The Patsy. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Rahr & Sons Pumpkin. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity