Firestone Bravo 2017
Bravo 2017 pours a medium amber color with some suspended yeast that makes the beer a bit hazy. A small, off-white head shrinks quickly to a thin film. The aroma is a blast of bourbon barrel notes right out of the bottle. Taste is led by roasted malt, some vanilla and white chocolate, caramel, and a bit of dark fruit. But the taste is dominated by massive bourbon barrel flavors from start to finish where you can't miss the 13.2%. Mouthfeel is strong but smooth, and in many ways reminds us more of a barleywine than an imperial brown ale. Still light bodied, but this is one you want to sip and share with friends. It is quite good now and it will certainly get better with a little more time in the bottle.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for American Sour (2015). 39 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Double Chuuurch!. 53 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer American Sour (2015). 54 minutes ago
- plarson and 1 other listened to The Gold Standard. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 60 Days Dry Aged Stout. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Amalgamator. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Cranberry Quince Berliner Weisse. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity