Firestone Bravo 2017
Bravo 2017 pours a medium amber color with some suspended yeast that makes the beer a bit hazy. A small, off-white head shrinks quickly to a thin film. The aroma is a blast of bourbon barrel notes right out of the bottle. Taste is led by roasted malt, some vanilla and white chocolate, caramel, and a bit of dark fruit. But the taste is dominated by massive bourbon barrel flavors from start to finish where you can't miss the 13.2%. Mouthfeel is strong but smooth, and in many ways reminds us more of a barleywine than an imperial brown ale. Still light bodied, but this is one you want to sip and share with friends. It is quite good now and it will certainly get better with a little more time in the bottle.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Citrus Mistress. 7 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Once Upon a Time in Blenheim. 38 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer James and Julie. 46 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Critical Band. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Zywiec Porter 1881. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Here Comes the Reaper. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity