Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it's more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Lights On. 50 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Game of Thrones: Valar Dohaeris. 59 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Panic IPA. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Bitter Valentine. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Heady Topper. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to California Grab Bag II. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Campfire Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity