Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it's more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Pool Party Haze. 34 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Perpetual Haze. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Samuel Adams Honey Queen. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Stars Align. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Scorpius Morchella. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Zonker Stout. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Stouting Match. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Saint Archer Mosaic IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity