Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it’s more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 39 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Hop Juice. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to California Grab Bag. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Smog City Coffee Porter. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Pataskala Red X IPA. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Truck Trail. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity