Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it's more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Monterey Beer. 45 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 listened to Operation IPA Overload. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Clencher 2 Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- budman1 and 1 other listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Fairy Nectar London. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity