Fera Fermentum pours a crystal clear, gold color. Almost no head, except for a thin layer of tiny white bubbles that congregate around the edge of the glass. Aroma is slightly sour with a bit of Brett funk. Taste is exceptional. Not nearly as sour as the aroma would suggest, it's more crisp with lots of fruit including peach, apricot, and green apple. Mouthfeel is buttery but also sharp, similar to some white wines, which probably comes from the aging in chardonnay barrels. Light carbonation and light body. You can taste the oak from the barrels, but just a hint of the Brett in the taste. Smooth and crisp, this is a perfect beer to enjoy on a hot summer day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 31 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends?. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Ninja Star. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Patterns Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Asahi. 7 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Wynona's Big Brown Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity